Write the important events that happen among the stages of menstrual cycle inside the table below: Transcribed Image Text: 1. The pituitary gland controls and starts the cycle. 2. The
Write the important events that happen among the stages of menstrual cycle inside the table below: Transcribed Image Text: 1. The pituitary gland controls and starts the cycle.
2. The pituitary gland releases hormones that cause the egg in the ovary to mature. The luteinizing hormone (LH) initiates the maturation of the
follicles, converts ruptured follicles into corpus luteum and causes the secretion of progesterone. The follicle stimulating hormone (FSH) assists in
the maturation of the follicles and causes the secretion of estrogen from the follicles.
3. Meanwhile, the ovary itself releases a hormone called estrogen, which causes the uterine lining to increase in thickness. The uterine lining becomes
thicker so that the fertilized egg can attach to it.
4. The ovary releases an egg on day 14. Assume that no sperm is present.
5. The egg moves through the oviduct and enters the uterus.
6. Meanwhile the uterine lining continues to thicken.
7. The egg has not been fertilized, therefore, it will not attach to the uterus.
8. The thick uterine lining is no longer necessary, so the cells of the thickened uterine lining break off and leave the vagina. The unfertilized egg is
lost and some blood is lost too. This loss of cells from the uterine lining, blood, and egg is called menstruation.
9. After menstruation, the cycle starts again.
|A. FOLLICULAR STAGE
|C. LUTEAL STAGE
1. How does feedback mechanism important in menstrual cycle as well as in reproductive system?
Do you need us to help you on this or any other assignment?
Make an Order Now